Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tones on Tuesday #7 11.01.11

It's time for Tones on Tuesday! I am excited to see your altered tone photos. But before we get to the link up, here are the showcased shots from last week. Such amazing shots made it very hard to choose! If you are showcased, be sure to grab your showcase button below!


Lynette at Lynette Batton Photography
I love the feel that the black and white edit gives this shot, a bit desolate but also intriguing. Thank you for sharing and linking up Lynette!

Such an adorable shot! He looks like such a little man and the soft tones adds a great vintage feel. Thank you for joining us Kim!

It was wonderful to see some altered tone photos that were still in color. The soft and dreamy nature of this shot with the simple subject and the bright tones is simply stunning! Thank you for sharing Lisa. 

Be sure to grab your button if you were showcased! (button for linking up can be found after the guidelines)


Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here is the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:

  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button to your post
  • Leave comments for the other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!

Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

During my exploration of the Oregon Coast this weekend my mom and I drove up US Highway 101 starting in Lincoln City and ending with a stop in Astoria, Oregon to show off my new car to my dad who lives there. Along the way we stopped in Rockaway Beach, Manzanita and Cannon Beach. In Cannon Beach we ate at my favorite restaurant Mo's and then spent some time on the beach. I captured this shot of the sun filtered through the clouds behind this interesting plant. I thought it was so cool the way it turned out SOOC, almost black and white. To alter the tones I upped the vibrance and saturation in Lightroom. If you have been following along with my blog you are well aware of my love affair with the beach, which brings me to my photo tip for this Tuesday. I have been stretching myself as a photographer lately by trying out other types of photography such as portrait photography and going to unusual places to shoot such as the Tmobile Office Building. I love what I have been learning, but there is something grounding about shooting what you love. I will continue to stretch and grow, but I will always be drawn to the beach. Photography is all about balance!

Settings: ISO 100, 27mm, ss1/1000, f/18 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Edited in Lightroom
"Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you." - Oprah Winfrey

Joining the link ups below, Sweet Shot Tuesday is back :o)! Be sure to check out the beautiful shots!
Live, Love, TRAVEL   Sweet Shot Day

15 comments:

  1. Thank you Emily!

    I love what you did with your photograph today. the light is just beautiful, and that little bit of blue post-edit is wonderful!

    Thank you so much for sharing at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a wonderful day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11.1.11 was sure to be a wonderful day, but I just didn't know how wonderful till just now.

    Thank you for your wonderful comments and hosting this weekly inspiration.

    Love the sun peeking with the starburst flare. Perfect.

    LynetteB

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect edit, thanks for sharing your settings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both versions are lovely, Emily. Your editing is spot on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that feel in that first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful silhouettes! I have yet to master that ... still learning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And, p.s., thanks for letting me know about your photo meme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots. Wonderful feeling :)

    Thanks to you visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely images. I'd like to say thanks for inviting me to join your lovely meme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those beautiful backlighting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your LR edit - the tones are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your edit! But they are both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.