Thursday, November 10, 2011

Good to Wow Edit: Frosty Morning 11.06.11

I want to thank Michelle and Kimberly for the information on macro filters and extension tubes. While a macro lens is certainly still in my future, I think I know what I am asking for for Christmas :o). Now, for the edits of my macro shots. To see the SOOC shots and learn more about where and when they were taken, head here. For the edits I decided to go with clean edits in Lightroom. I debated on warming up the white balance, but decided that I liked the coolness as it was what I saw in person and it went well with the cold feel of the frost. Mainly I upped the Vibrance and Saturation to the same level, a trick I learned from Ashley, and then played around with the basic settings until I found that it was what I wanted. What do you think? My favorite is still the curving piece of grass. 

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/125, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/200, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 400, 43mm, ss1/200, f/5.0 (full manual, cloudy wb)
"Frost is the greatest artist in our clime - He paints in nature and describes in rime." - Thomas Hood

Linking up with Good to Wow: Edit. Check out the amazing macro shot edits!

1 comment:

  1. Each of these looks great - I like the cooler tone to them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.