Sunday, November 27, 2011

Shades of Autumn: Favorites 11.27.11

I have LOVED participating in the Shades of Autumn Challenge. I have always loved fall, but I have a much deeper appreciation of the varied shades and the fading nature of the time of year. There is no other time so fleeting yet so vibrant. Here are my favorites from the past few weeks.

Green: I did not participate in this week initially but here is a green shot from the beginning of fall.
Settings: ISO 200, 55mm, ss1/30, f/5.6 (full manual)

Yellow: A pumpkin patch and fruit stand provided an array of yellow hues.
Settings: ISO 200, 55mm, ss1/320, f/5.6 (full manual)

Orange: A visit to a state park and a small town filled my memory card with orange. 
Settings: ISO 400, 55mm ss1/125, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm ss1/500, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Red: Raindrops and red make for a beautiful combination.
Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/80, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Purple: My favorite color and fun to find in a local small town.
Settings: ISO 100, 43mm, ss1/320, f/5.0 (full manual, sunlight wb)

Brown: At first I assumed this color would be dreary and dull, but it is anything but. 
Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/160, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 800, 55mm, ss1/100, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

White: Snow in my old college town across the mountains was peaceful and a beautiful beginning to winter. 
Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/50, f/9.0 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 400, 53mm, ss1/250, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Linking up with the Shades of Autumn Challenge. Check out the other favorite photos!

Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you joined us throughout the challenge. I've so enjoyed your work! Your leaf photos are stunning, as always!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge and making it such a success! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful. So different colors and nature beauties. Great capture !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.