Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mount Rainier National Park 11.06.11

The past couple of days have been extremely trying. I am attempting to get back on track and lose myself in photography. Last Sunday, my mom, dog niece and I spent some time at Mount Rainier National Park. We headed up to Paradise to see the snow and the mountain. It was a beautiful day with bright sun and blue sky, which provided a lovely contrast with the snow. The clouds were moving in fast though and I only had a few minutes to grab the shots. On the way back down through the park we saw a fox in the middle of the road. I shared a photo of the fox on my Facebook page that I would love if you took a look at. (You can even "Like" the page should you feel so inclined :o). I would say the fox was the Wild part of the day and the scenery the Wonderful. 

In processing, I upped the Vibrance and Saturation to the same level in all of the photos and then worked with the fill light in the first photo. I am still working on how to meter and expose photos properly for back lighting. I still have to do most of the work in Lightroom. I would love to get it right SOOC. Any helpful tips?

Settings: ISO 100, 18mm, ss1/400, f/20 (full manual)

 Settings: ISO 100, 29mm, ss1/2500, f/6.3 (full manual)

Settings: ISO 100, 45mm, ss1/500, f/10 (full manual)

Settings: ISO 100, 55mm, ss1/800, f/8.0 (full manual)
Taken on the drive back home
"I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy." - Og Mandino

Linking up with Wild and Wonderful Wednesday. This certainly was a wonderful day and in a wild setting. Take a moment to check out the other shots!

2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous scenery you have there! I still struggle with backlit situations also, but I've read that the secret is to overexpose the image. I'm still playing and learning also. I'd also love to rock ALL my SOOC shots! :)

    Thank you for linking up with Wild & Wonderful Wednesday! I hope you'll play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.