Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Water Droplet on a Backyard Leaf 11.12.11

Last night I watched Visionaries: Inside the Creative Mind on Oprah Winfrey's Network. They were profiling famous photographer Annie Leibovitz. I am the type of person who loves behind the scenes things. If a DVD has a behind the scene special in the bonus features I HAVE to watch it. Needless to say, I loved getting to see the behind the scenes process that Annie Leibovitz goes through to capture the shots she does. What intrigued me most was her new book "Pilgrimage," which involves her traveling to different places both natural and historical and photographing what she sees. My ultimate dream would be to do the same thing. I feel I am doing a modified version of it by going to places near where I live that I want to capture with photographs, but one day I hope to expand and discover the world with my camera in tow :o).

While my photo for today is not of any amazing new place, it is something I have wanted to photograph for a while - a droplet of water. While I do not have a macro lens, filter or extension tube just yet I decided to give it a try anyways. I am very pleased with the results. I love the detail on the droplet and the lines of the leaves. For processing, I used a Lightroom preset called "Clear Yellow/Purple Split Tone Mild Vintage." I need to do a better job of keeping track of where my presets came from as I can't recall for this one. I love how it gave the colors a bit of pop and the overall picture increased dimension. I would love to know what you think and what has inspired you this week.

Settings: ISO 800, 55mm, ss1/50, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)
"Enthusiasm is excitement with inspiration, motivation, and a pinch of creativity.” - Bo Bennett

Linking up with Wild and Wonderful Wednesday. Wonderful moment in wild weather. Take a moment to check out the other shots!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo. I love that you caught the droplet *just* before it fell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I think it's a unique perspective on the water droplet... different than any water droplet pics I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo! I love the detail you can see in the water drop. Thanks for linking up with Wild & Wonderful Wednesday! I hope you'll be back next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.