Friday, November 11, 2011

Favorite Photo of the Week: Fox in the Road 11.06.11

If you are fan of my Facebook page you have seen this photo earlier in the week. Last weekend while at Mount Rainier National Park we were driving back down the mountain when we came around a bend in the road and found this fox sitting there. Another car was pulled over getting a picture and the fox just sat there looking right at the driver. I knew I had to have a picture as well, but was not hopeful of getting the shot. Wildlife are not the most cooperative of subjects. I took out my camera and grabbed a shot, but it was with the wrong settings. I thought that was going to be it. However, the fox turned away from the other car sat down and stared at me with what felt like an expectation that I take a picture. So I did. After a couple of shots with better settings I drove off not wanting to block the road any more, but I am pretty certain the fox was a little disappointed that the photo shoot was over :o).

Settings: ISO 100, 55mm, ss1/160, f/5.6 (full manual)
"Every animal knows more than you do." - Native American Proverb


Linking up with the link ups below. Be sure to check out the other favorite shots!
the long road    Happily Mother After 

8 comments:

  1. It is so exciting when you get an unexpected opportunity like this. He is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely opportunity. Nice shot you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great story. My first thought when I saw this was, "Man, that poor fox looks cold." I love how he's sitting just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Oh Snap Shots of the Week. What a great opportunity you had. The shot is lovely. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pic and enjoyed the story too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily,

    Really nice capture! That must have been exciting!

    Have a great week!

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Don't you just love those unexpected photo ops! Thanks for linking up and sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh W-O-W! I would have been jumping out of my seat in excitement. How wonderful that he cooperated with you...as if he was waiting for you. I'm sure this is something you will not soon forget. Very nice photo! Thanks for linking up again this week with Oh Snap! at HMA. Hope you keep coming around. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.