Saturday, November 5, 2011

Flashback: Ship on the Columbia 11.27.10

Today I had high hopes for capturing some purple and dandelion yellow shots for the challenges I participate in, however, it just didn't happen that way. I plan on heading out again tomorrow. Therefore, I decided to post a flashback photo today. I realized I have not done a flashback since September. I suppose this is due to the fact that I have been shooting photos each week and enjoying the process of stretching my photography muscles, thus producing more pictures than I can post. However, I do like looking at photos pre-manual revolution :o). This photo was actually pre-DSLR camera. It was taken when I visited the Columbia River Martime Museum with the family during a trip to my dad's in Astoria, Oregon last year for Thanksgiving. It has been raining like crazy when we went into the museum. I looked out the window, saw the rain stop and had to go out and take this photo. These ships litter the Columbia River in Astoria where they come off the ocean and make their way up the river to deliver goods. I hope you enjoy this journey back to my point and shoot days. Not half bad, I must say :o).


Flashback #9
Location: Columbia River Astoria, Oregon
Settings: ISO 80, 28.5mm, ss1/200, f/5.8 (full auto with point and shoot)
Post Processing: All basic settings adjusted, saturation and luminance shifts and vignette added
What I Like: The mood of the sky, the location of the ship in the frame
What I Think Needs Work: The vibrance of the color


SOOC Shot

Edited Shot
"If my ship sails from sight, it doesn't mean my journey ends, it simply means the river bends." - Enoch Powell

Linking up with the sites below, be sure to check them out!
SOOC Saturday  Scenic Sunday

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.