Sunday, November 6, 2011

Shades of Autumn: Purple 11.06.11

Purple. The color for Shades of Autumn and my favorite color. I love that purple can be strong and regal. That it can be soft and light. I had a difficult time finding purple leaves to capture despite my strong desire to capture them. The dilemma lay in the fact that the trees that produce purple leaves do not grow wild around here and thus have to be planted. After a wonderful day watching the sun rise and taking a trip to Mount Rainier, we found a small park in Buckley on the way home with a street that was lined with trees with purple leaves. As I walked along getting my shots I noticed two other photographers having portrait sessions. The surroundings were perfect with many varied settings and the weather was beautiful with areas of direct sun, filtered sun, shade and the brilliant blue of the sky. It was the perfect fall day of shooting.

My goal was to capture the amazing deep purple of the leaves contrasted with various other colors. I took a lot of shots and had a hard time narrowing down my favorites. As with all of my photos I planned on editing them. Upon opening them in Lightroom though they were such a close match to they way I saw each shot. Therefore, these are SOOC. I hope you don't mind :o). I love the power of editing, but I also find such a sense of accomplishment in taking pictures that just don't need editing to match what I see. What do you think?

Settings: ISO 100, 40mm, ss1/200, f/5.0 (full manual, sunlight wb)

Settings: ISO 100, 55mm, ss1/320, f/5.6 (full manual, sunlight wb)

Settings: ISO 100, 55mm, ss1/25, f/5.6 (full manual)

Settings: ISO 100, 55mm, ss1/25, f/5.6 (full manual)

Settings: ISO 100, 43mm, ss1/320, f/5.0 (full manual, sunlight wb)

Settings: ISO 100, 55mm, ss1/320, f/5.6 (full manual, sunlight wb)
"But, luckily, he kept his wits and his Purple crayon." - Crockett Johnson

Linking up with the Shades of Autumn Challenge. Check out the other purple shots!
Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge

3 comments:

  1. Love the deep purple you found. Lovely captures! Thanks so much for joining the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures! love the purple

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.