Sunday, November 20, 2011

Project 64: Orange 11.20.11

The color this week for Project 64 is orange and I was a little worried about finding it with the colors of fall quickly disappearing. However, on a trip over the mountains to Eastern Washington I found some wonderful examples of orange. The color is so vibrant and striking and my goal was to capture that in its different forms. The first photo was taken in snowy Ellensburg where I went to college. It was fun to go back for a visit and enjoy some of the snow. The other two photos were taken at Wanapum State Park on the Columbia River in Vantage. The last photo of the tree bark is my favorite as I have never seen tree bark that color. I left it SOOC because it was exactly what I saw in person.

Settings: ISO 100, 55mm, ss1/250, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 100, 55mm, ss1/160, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 200, 55mm, ss1/60, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)
“Orange is the happiest color.” - Frank Sinatra


Linking up with Project 64 to see the other orange finds and Sunday Snapshot to see the shots people want to remember!
project64 button Sunday Snapshot

I am also including my Purple Mountain Majesty color find from last week as last week I was not able to post it. It is a picture of a flower from my front porch that is still hanging on despite the cold weather. 

Settings: ISO 800, 55mm, ss1/13, f/5.6 (full manul, cloudy wb, on tripod)

4 comments:

  1. Orange is definitely a happy color. Love the Autumn leaf with a touch of snow. Great find with the orange branches too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.