Friday, November 4, 2011

Favorite Photo of the Week: A Day at the Beaches 10.29.11

Unbelievably hard this week to pick a favorite photo. I am attributing this to the fact that I was blessed to photograph most of my favorite subjects this week - the ocean, the beach and the sunset. I also feel like I have grown so much in my ability to photograph on manual mode since the last time I was at the beach. It is so rewarding to take a photo that captures what I saw in the way I saw it. I feel like I have learned to do this in the majority of my shots. And I suppose having two favorite photos is not the worst problem to have :o). Which one is your favorite?


Settings: ISO 100, 18mm, ss1/200, f/13 (full manual)
Taken in Wheeler, Oregon
Post Processing: Basic settings adjusted in Lightroom

Settings: ISO 100, 44mm, ss1/13, f/9.0 (full manual, on tripod)
Taken at Fort Stevens State Park in Oregon
Post Processing: Basic settings adjusted in Lightroom
"Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing." - William Butler Yeats


Linking up with the link ups below. Be sure to check out the other favorite shots!

the long road   Happily Mother After

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! I love, love, love the second beach shot. Colors are amazing, and that little sliver of a moon is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shot of the lake is just fantastic. It looks so serene. You really captured it well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, these are both sooo pretty! I can't choose...: )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are great, so different one from another.
    I do love the colors in the second photo
    and the peacefulness of the first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my word, the last one with the moon is so gorgeous! love those shades of purple! thanks for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impossible to pick a fave when both are so gorgeous and special in their own way. It's a first place tie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are great photos {and I love that you provide the settings you used} but I think the first one is my favorite. I always have a hard time picking just one favorite each week...guess I should have thought of that when I created the linky party. :) I'm so very glad that you linked up this week at HMA's Oh Snap! party. I really hope to see you again tomorrow {and many weeks to come!}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.