Friday, November 25, 2011

Favorite Photo of the Week: Birch Trees at Wanapum 11.20.11

The Friday after Thanksgiving came and went with me out taking pictures on a bay up north. It was cold, but peaceful and I am excited to post pictures this week. As I look back on last week, the picture below is by far my favorite. I love how the trees are growing in different directions but all upward. I love  the detail on their bark and I love how the edit made the fading colors of fall pop. To read more about this photo and see the SOOC shot, head here


Settings: ISO 200, 43mm, ss1/100, f/6.3 (full manual, cloudy wb)
Processing with a Free Lightroom Preset called Clear Yellow/Purple Split Tone Mild Vintage

"Trees are your best antiques." - Alexander Smith

Linking up with the link ups below. Be sure to check out the other favorite shots!
    Happily Mother After 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous trees! Just love the texture in the bark, and that orange is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These trees are absolutely gorgeous and you captured them well. That bark is what makes it! And I agree that the color gives it an extra special pop. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.