Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tones on Tuesday #8 11.08.11

Thank you so much for linking up last week! I am in awe of the amazing photos that were linked up. The photography talent inspires me and I learn so much each week. You make it very difficult to just choose 3 to showcase. I wish I could showcase all of the photos without making a post that is way to long to read and load. I can't wait to see what you have in store for this week!

Here are the photos I want to showcase this week, be sure to grab your showcase button:
Mimi at The Most Precious Moments of My Life
The light and mood of this photo are stunning. I love how it conveys a sense of passion and focus that are only amplified by the black and white. Thank you for sharing Mimi!

The original of this shot is lovely. The tones being altered, though, adds a great softness and stillness to the photo that makes me wish I could just stand in this spot and soak up the peace. Thank you for linking up Kimberly!

The detail in this photo is beautiful and the tones really highlight the perspective of the shot. Thank you Nancy for sharing and linking up!

Be sure to grab your this button if you were showcased! (button for linking up can be found after the guidelines)


Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here is the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:

  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button to your post
  • Leave comments for the other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!

Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

During my sunrise shoot, I captured this shot of Mount Rainier. I love the SOOC shot. The soft colors are such a great match to what I saw in person. So for the editing I just decided to have fun, which just so happens to be my tip for this week. There are so many directions you can go with editing that it sometimes feels overwhelming. I try to remind myself that sometimes I don't have to do a clean edit. I can go creative and enjoy the process! I played around with a black and white edit on my own and then used a preset I download (not sure from where, I will have to get back to you on that). There is something I like about both of them. Which one is your favorite? 

SOOC Shot
Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/400, f/10 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Edited Shots - Black and White and Antique with LR Preset


Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots!
Live, Love, TRAVEL   Sweet Shot Day

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful choices Emily, and I love your photographs here. It's amazing at just how different a photograph can look with just a change of tones. So nicely done!

    Thank you so much for sharing at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a wonderful day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the shout-out, Emily. I appreciate it.

    Love this linky -- hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the SOOC one the best, but they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the SOOC and the b&w is really great too! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are beautiful! Thank you for picking my photo as one of your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pictures, I like the atmosphere with that delicious autumn light. Magnificent tones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all 3 of these, but think for me the top one is my favorite. Just a hint of color suggesting dawn. Give your little on a couple of weeks and things should be back on an even keel with not so much caffeine. What a sweet picture though. Such innocence

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the showcase! Missed this week. Life has been absolutely crazy. I look forward to checking in often =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea!! I don't covert to B&W often, but I'll definitely have to bookmark this link-up for the next time I do. I'd LOVE to have you link up at my photography challenge tomorrow. The theme is "Favorite" it could be a favorite photo for the month or a favorite person/place/thing... I hope to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.