Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tones on Tuesday #10 11.22.11

Between the prompt for the Good to Wow Challenge being gratefulness and Thanksgiving fast approaching I have been thinking more than usual about what I am grateful for. One thing that I am thankful for is Tones on Tuesday. I know I have said it before, but I learn so much from all of you. Seeing your photos not only teaches me, it also inspires me to continue to grow and expand my skills. Thank you for sharing your photos each week! I look forward to seeing what you have in store for this week.

Showcases from last week...

Rachel from Crinkle Photography
This photo captures such a wonderful moment and I think the black and white brings attention to his adoring expression framed by the interesting light in the background. Thank you for sharing Rachel!

I love the vintage feel of the tones in this photo, it makes it feel as though this could be a newly discovered photo of the past. Thank you for sharing Lili.

I love sunsets and the lines, color and light in this shot are amazing. The texture adds such an ethereal feel for an all around stunning photo. Thank you for sharing Lynette!

Be sure to grab your this button if you were showcased! (button for linking up can be found after the guidelines)

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here is the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button to your post
  • Leave comments for the other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

The photo I am sharing this week is of some beautiful trees at Wanapum State Park I took this weekend during a trip over the mountains to find some snow in my old college town of Ellensburg, WA. I love the SOOC shot, but I wanted the colors to pop a bit more. I used a Free Lightroom Preset called Clear Yellow/Purple Split Tone Mild Vintage to bring out the oranges then I upped the blacks and contrast to bring definition to the trees. I added a small vignette to add a bit of mystery to the photo. I love that other photographers are willing to share their presets and allow me to learn from them. And I love how this photo turned out!

SOOC Shot
Settings: ISO 200, 43mm, ss1/100, f/6.3 (full manual, cloudy wb)


Edited Photo

"If you would know strength and patience, welcome the company of trees." - Hal Borlan


Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
Live, Love, TRAVEL   Sweet Shot Day



13 comments:

  1. I love Crinkle's photo! It is just perfect!

    Lovely photo of the trees and your edit really brings out the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I really like your edit, it really made the colors pop! What a pretty fall photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pictures. The trees are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours really became a lot more vibrant - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful transformation Emily!
    I love the golden color with the white birch.
    Beautifully done!

    Thank you so much for sharing this week at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a beautiful week ahead!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful..the golden background and those gorgeous white papery birches in the foreground. What a stunning image you've created. Lovely to discover! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice job on the trees--it looks so natural!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo with the colors of autumn. Yes, delicious tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice edit...the orange of leaves pop out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love birch trees and your photos bring out the very best of these pretty trees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the showcase, I am honored, and I so appreciate and thankful for you hosting this challenge. I learn a lot from everyone sharing. I love your birch trees.

    Thank you for all you do.

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this image of trees. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.