Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Heading North on Highway 101 10.29.11

For today's post I thought I would take you on a trip on US Highway 101 from Lincoln City, Oregon to Cannon Beach, Oregon. If you have never experienced this coastal highway, I would highly recommend you put it on your must see list. The highway goes from Washington through Oregon and then California. It is full of beaches, sweeping vistas and charming little towns. This past weekend my mom and I drove from Lincoln City to Astoria on 101. It was the perfect day, with the sky a beautiful shade of blue. So naturally I had to stop at the viewpoints and parks along the way to snap some shots :o). Here are a few of my favorites (more to come tomorrow):

Settings: ISO 100, 18mm, ss1/800, f/7.1 (full manual)
Taken at Road's End Park in Lincoln City, Oregon
Post Processing: Basic settings adjusted in Lightroom


Settings: ISO 100, 27mm, ss1/1000, f/10 (full manual)
Taken in Bay City, Oregon (I think?)
Post Processing: Basic settings adjusted in Lightroom

Settings: ISO 100, 18mm, ss1/200, f/13 (full manual)
Taken in Wheeler, Oregon
Post Processing: Basic settings adjusted in Lightroom


Settings: ISO 100, 36mm, ss1/100, f/14 (full manual)
Taken in Cannon Beach, Oregon
Post Processing: Basic settings adjusted in Lightroom
“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard

Linking up with What's Up Wednesday and a new find Wild and Wonderful Wednesday. This certainly was a wonderful day. Take a moment to check out the other shots!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty photos- makes me want to take a road trip right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I really must get to the West Coast some day!

    Thank you for linking up with Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.