Sunday, November 13, 2011

Shades of Autumn: Brown 11.12.11

Initially I felt uninspired by the color brown for the Shades of Autumn Challenge. However, when I headed out to some nearby parks I found the beauty in the different shades of brown and the contrast with the other autumn colors. Despite the rain and wind I found some lovely examples of brown and was impressed by how many hues of brown there were. I am sharing a few of my favorite shots. They are SOOC as I felt they captured the essence of the rainy day, which complimented the brown tones. The first 3 were taken at Soaring Eagle Park, which is full of trails frequented by mountain bikers and the last one is taken on dry riverbed in Tolt MacDonald Park.

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/160, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 800, 55mm, ss1/60, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/125, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 800, 55mm, ss1/100, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)
One take on the meaning of the color brown - "Brown says stability, reliability, and approachability. It is the color of our earth and is associated with all things natural or organic." 


Linking up with the Shades of Autumn Challenge. Check out the other brown photos!
Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge

3 comments:

  1. These are great shots! And SOOC too? Awesome.
    Thanks for joining us again in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge. I hope you'll be back again on Friday when we move on to our new theme, white! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely breathtaking. Not sure how you managed such exceptional shots SOOC. It's inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! It's lovely to have found your blog and your beautiful photos! I'm a amateur photographer to, but I try to do my best to learn how to be better at it. When did you start taking pictures?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.