Monday, November 21, 2011

Good to Wow SOOC: Winter Moments 11.20.11

The prompt this week for the Good to Wow challenge is gratefulness. I am of course grateful for my family and the good things in my life. For this challenge, though, I wanted to focus on what I am grateful for when it comes to photography. I am grateful for the journey I have been on since August. I am grateful that I stopped worrying about not being good enough and just tried to figure out this DSLR camera thing. I am grateful for all the talented photographers I have had the chance to learn from. I am grateful for all of the comments and critiques that have helped me to grow as a photographer. I am grateful to have a family who supports my passion, accompanies me on photography adventures and encourages me. I am grateful for the moments I have captured and the moments I have yet to capture. I am grateful that photography brings me joy and peace.

I am grateful for the coming of winter and the new challenges and opportunities it will bring to my photography. These SOOC shots are another step in the journey and I am grateful I had the chance and means to capture them on a journey across the mountains to Eastern Washington.

Settings: ISO 800, 55mm, ss1/80, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 100, 29mm, ss1/250, f/10 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 200, 55mm, ss1/250, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)
"Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life." - Joel Osteen

Linking up with Good to Wow! Head over and check out the other SOOC shots.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I especially love the first two. I look forward to your edits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these shots are fantastic, especially the first one. i've never really experimented with the WB, but the results here have come off well!

    cheers,
    My Third Eye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures, these leaves with frost you have been great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so pretty- I can't wait to see the edits! I would love to have a pile of leaves like that to photograph

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful - I especially love the frost covered leaves. There's nothing like a frost covered landscape in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your positiveness! It's really hard to be a amateur out there when there are so many pro's that capture stunning photos, so you have to be positive and grateful... always!

    I live in Norway, so I'm looking forward to take some photos like the first one in this post, as soon as the cold days come around. I just love those frosty textures on everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.