Monday, October 31, 2011

Shades of Autumn: Red 10.30.11

After a weekend on the Oregon Coast, I spent a little time Sunday capturing red for the Shades of Autumn Challenge. It was rainy and windy, which created some interesting conditions. Luckily I had my mom along to hold an umbrella for me :o). I also had a headache which made everything seem brighter than it was. When I opened the photos in Lightroom they did seem a bit bright but not as bright as when I took them. I got a few good shots, but I was disappointed. Many of the trees I had scouted earlier in the week had dropped most of the true red leaves, leaving more orange than red. I was reminded of the fleeting nature of fall. In the end I am happy with the results and the rain added some visual interest to the leaves. My favorites are the ones of the ground. What do you think? Do you feel fall is going by too quickly? Thank you for stopping by!

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/125, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)
Post Processing: Red and green hue/saturation shift, basic setting adjusted in Lightroom

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/80, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)
Post Processing: Black clipping adjusted and vignette in Lightroom

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/200, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)
Post Processing: Cropped, basic settings adjusted and vignette in Lightroom

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/80, f/5.6 (full manual, cloudy wb)
Post Processing: Basic settings adjusted in Lightroom
"Change is a measure of time and, in the autumn, time seems speeded up. What was is not and never again will be; what is is change." - Edwin Teale


Linking up with the Shades of Autumn Challenge. Check out the other red shots!
Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful red leaves! I especially love your second shot. What a perfect leaf! Thanks for joining us in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge. I hope you'll be back again on Friday when we move on to our new theme, purple! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful, Emily, and I'm with you-- I especially love the leaves on the ground with raindrops. Beautiful! I'm a little envious of your weekend on the coast. I lived in Cannon Beach years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.