Monday, October 3, 2011

Good to Wow SOOC: Orange Plant 09.30.11

I wish I knew how to put into words how blessed I feel this week. One of my photos is up for two different recognitions. The edit of the photo is up for I Clicked It Up a Notch - September and the SOOC is up for Best of September at Jill Samter Photography for the Good to Wow Challenge. The photo is of the Seattle Skyline and I was so proud of how it turned out. To have it recognized is amazing! And to have it recognized by two photographers that I admire and respect makes it even more amazing! When I started this journey, I did not set out to win anything. I set out to become a better photographer. To know that others see something in my work makes me feel like I am on the right track to become the photographer I would like to be. If you have a moment and would like to vote for me or your favorite you can click on the links above or in the announcements section to the right. Thank you!

For today's post, I am posting my SOOC shot for the Good to Wow Challenge - Orange. Last week I took pictures of leaves that were very orange so I wanted to go a different direction this time. I saw this interesting plant on my walk in the woods on Friday and liked how some of it was orange and some of it was red. I am not sure what kind of plant it is, it almost looks like a tomato (if you know I would love it if you shared :o). I like to depth of field, but with the edit I hope to bring out the orange a bit more. This was in very low light, but I think I like the lighting. The imperfections on the plant I think adds something to the feel of the shot. What do you think?

Thank you for stopping by!

Settings: ISO 200, 55mm, ss0.4sec, f/7.1 (full manual on tripod)
"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered." - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Linking up with Good to Wow! Head over and check out the other SOOC shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.