Friday, October 7, 2011

Favorite Photo of the Week: Clark Lake Sunset 09.30.11

This is the first week where my favorite photo of the week is one that I did not post during the week, but it is from the same shoot as the others I posted. I had a ton of pictures from my Clark Lake Park photo shoot and this one has been sitting waiting to be editing. I had a hard time editing it as there was something off. At first I thought it was the amount of black on the lower left corner, but when I removed it the natural frame was lost. After staring at the photo for a while and taking a break and coming back I realized that the line of the far shore of the lake was not straight. I found a quick tutorial about straightening a photo with Photoshop and applied what I had learned. It did exactly what I wanted it to and was so simple! Thank you Adobe TV!

My goal with this photo was to use the natural frame of the trees and the shore and to capture the beautiful colors of the sunset sky. If you follow along you know I have an addiction to sunsets :o). The color, the light and the mood are just so powerful. I have been learning more and more about capturing sunsets in manual mode and have found it to be more complex than I ever understood. At the same time, it is truly capturing a moment in time that can never be repeated in the same way again. I always feel a great sense of accomplishment when I get the shot I am after. This photo was exactly the shot I was after, with some editing help from Lightroom and Photoshop of course :o). 

Thank you for stopping by, I would love to know what you think!

Settings: ISO 200, 18mm, ss1/100, f/14 (full manual)
"A great photograph is a full expression of what one feels about what is being photographed in the deepest sense and is, thereby, a true expression of what one feels about life in its entirety." - Ansel Adams


Linking up with these fabulous Friday link ups! Please spend a moment or two visiting the amazing photos of those who also participate!
   the long road 
A Moment In Time Photoblog

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely serene photo - love the play of light and dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo. I like that you take the time to share your camera settings... very cool! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been having a devil of a time trying to straighten photos in Photoshop. I will have to look for a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is a great picture, perfectly captured! Thanks so much for sharing and linking-up! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.