Sunday, October 2, 2011

Project 64: Periwinkle Sky at Clark Lake 09.30.11

Just a note - I am beyond honored that my photo of the Seattle skyline was chosen top 5 for I Clicked It Up a Notch - September. If you have been following along you know that I love Click it Up a Notch and highly respect Courtney for her skills and her willingness to share knowledge and advice. It really is an honor to be chosen. I would also love it if you would check out the other photos and vote for me if you feel so inclined. I always feel weird asking for votes so while I would love your vote, please choose your favorite. You can vote here. Now on to today's post...


I cannot believe it is October! It is a month into the school year and I am really getting to know and love my class. However, I have yet to figure out the elusive balance between giving my all to my work and giving my all to my life. One little thing I do is continue to take, edit and share pictures. It really is one of the things that do for me and it gives me such a sense of peace. As I mentioned, on Friday I left work and went to take pictures at Clark Lake Park. One of the things I was looking for was the color Periwinkle, which happens to be the color for Project 64. I found it in the sky after the sun at set over the lake. I had planned to edit it but I really like it SOOC so I think I am going to leave it that way except for a conversion from RAW to JPG. My goal for the rest of this school year is to continue to take pictures like this and enjoy moments where I don't stress about the 10 things I didn't get done or those students I want to do more for. I am hoping that in the end that will make me a better teacher and a better photographer. 

Thank you for reading!

Settings: ISO 200, 46mm, ss1/60, f/10 (full manual on tripod)

There are no signposts in the sky to show a man has passed that way before. There are no channels marked. The flier breaks each second into new uncharted seas. - Anne Morrow Lindbergh


Linking up with Project 64 and Sunday Snapshot. Check out where others spied Periwinkle and the moments others want to remember this Sunday!



project64 button Sunday Snapshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.