Saturday, October 15, 2011

Under the Aurora Bridge 10.08.11

I am attempting to wrap up my Clickin Walk photos from last Saturday. The last stop of our walk through Freemont was under the Aurora Bridge on Lake Union. I have always been drawn to water in all aspects of my life. My favorite place to be is walking along the shore next to the vast ocean and hearing the waves.  While not exactly the same, a lake provides some of the same type of contentment for me. That being said, the last stop on the Clickin Walk was my favorite. I could have spent hours walking around and finding different angles. As it was, I walked away with a ton of pictures. The one below was one of my favorites. I was trying to capture the color of the water, the boats and the beautiful sky. The first shot is SOOC, the second a clean edit in Lightroom and the last a black and white edit because I just couldn't help myself :o). I would love to hear your thoughts and which one is your favorite. Thank you for stopping by!

SOOC
Settings: ISO 800, 55mm, ss1/500, f/8 (full manual)

Lightroom Clean Edit

Lightroom Black and White Edit
Photoshop PW Black White Beauty Action Applied
"Water is the driving force of all nature." - Leonardo da Vinci

Linking up with SOOC Saturday, A Moment in Time, Scenic Sunday and SkyWatch. Please check out the other amazing photos!

SOOC Saturday  Scenic Sunday
A Moment In Time Photoblog

7 comments:

  1. I really like the colour saturation in the SOOC shot. It really shows up next to the clean edit. The black and white is truly timeless.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the angle you have the boats at in the frame. And also how you've captured the palest of pink in the sky. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty scene... I think I like the black and white best... makes it very timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shots of the marina! The boats and sky looks beautiful. Happy Scenic Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've driven past this area on my way up to Anacortes; next time I'm in Seattle, I'll have to make a point of walking along the waterfront here. All three variations are lovely. I think I like the black and white the best as it conveys a feeling of nostalgia. Enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice composition, tones and light. Lovely and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many boats at the dock is always such a pretty scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.