Monday, October 10, 2011

Good to Wow SOOC: Foggy Morning 10.08.11

Saturday morning I was up early in anticipation for the Clickin Walk. I was thinking about how great it was the rain was not expected until later in the day and I took a peak out of my window just to check on the weather. What I was greeted with was the morning sun lighting up an area that we in the neighborhood call the park. The rain drops from the previous night were evaporating and creating a beautiful dance between the sunlight and the mist. I just had to go out and photograph. I threw on a coat and shoes and trekked out in my pajamas. My goal was to capture the fabulous light and the mist. When I opened them up I also noticed that the light highlighted the leaves and thus I found my shots for the Good to Wow Challenge - Leaves.

I very rarely post more than one photo at a time as I am still learning and can get overwhelmed when I try to make more than one photo great at time. In this case, however, I could not choose just one photo. I did narrow it down to 3 though :o). I would love to know which one is your favorite. Thank you for taking a look and a moment to leave a comment.

Settings: ISO 200, 42mm, ss1/100, f/22 (full manual)

Settings: ISO 200, 55mm, ss1/100, f/13 (full manual)

Settings: ISO 200, 18mm, ss1/80, f/20 (full manual)
"And now, this is the sweetest and most glorious day that ever my eyes did see." - Donald Cargill 

Linking up with Good to Wow! Head over and check out the other SOOC shots.

6 comments:

  1. Those are just beautiful captures. Wow....so peaceful yet so alive. Love em all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous! So mysterious and dreamy and gorgeous light! I can see how hard it is to choose! I love the first one because of it's flare and the mist, but the second one has even more of the glorious light! Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily! These rock!!! Love how you took advantage of the sun shining though the fog to capture the mood and the atmosphere. Awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW- those are INCREDIBLE! They don't need anything. They are absolutely perfect SOOC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.