Monday, October 17, 2011

Good to Wow SOOC: Pumpkins 10.15.11

For the Good to Wow Challenge this week the prompt was pumpkins. I was not too excited about heading out to capture the shots as the sky was overcast and the first pumpkin patch we drove by was so crowded that I couldn't see how I would get the photos I wanted. Driving down the road a ways we found a road side farm stand with a small pumpkin patch. The people there were friendly and it was the perfect setting to take my time shooting different angles. As for the overcast sky, I mentioned yesterday that I used the cloudy setting for white balance on my camera as I don't think I can dial in the Kelvin setting. I think it brought out the orange of the pumpkins and made the pictures feel warm. In some cases maybe a little too warm, but overall I am happy with the outcome. All in all it was a very productive day of shooting as you can see by the fact that I am once again breaking my own rule and posting more than one photo :o). Thank you for stopping by and I would love to know what you think about the white balance. Oh, and if you have a favorite please let me know. I had a very hard time narrowing these down!

Here are my straight out of camera shots...

Settings: ISO 200, 55 mm, ss1/100, f/5.6 (full manual)

Settings: ISO 200, 51 mm, ss1/320, f/5.6 (full manual)

Settings: ISO 200, 55 mm, ss1/200, f/5.6 (full manual)

Settings: ISO 200, 40mm, ss1/250, f/5.6 (full manual)

Settings: ISO 200, 55mm, ss1/160, f/6.3 (full manual)

Settings: ISO 200, 44 mm, ss1/320, f/5.6 (full manual)
"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all." - Stanley Horowitz

Linking up with Good to Wow! Head over and check out the other SOOC shots.

4 comments:

  1. love these..great pictures! and i like that quote as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you know that I love depth of field so my favorite is #2 and I think you got the color and white balance perfect on all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pumpkins - I think my favorite is the next to last shot! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots! I love how you captured a wide array of pumpkins and gourds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.