Sunday, October 30, 2011

Project 64: Turquoise Blue Ocean 10.29.11


Very rarely do I get up in time for the sunrise on a weekend. However, being at the ocean and waking up to the sounds of the wave through the open window makes everything easier, even getting up early. I must say that is was well worth it. The sky looked as if it were painted with water colors and the ocean was a beautiful turquoise blue, the color this week for Project 64. My goal was to capture the subtle colors created by the light and communicate the expansive nature of this view from the room we were staying in. In post processing, I upped the vibrance and saturation and added minor fill light. I love the result. I love the tranquility and the softness. I could have stayed there forever just to capture the ocean at different lights. Do you have a place that makes you feel content? Thank you for stopping by!

Settings: ISO 200, 30mm, ss1/15, f/14 (full manual, on tripod, cloudy wb)
"For most people, we often marvel at the beauty of a sunrise or the magnificence of a full moon, but it is impossible to fathom the magnitude of the universe that surrounds us." - Richard H. Baker

Linking up with Project 64 to see the other turquoise blue finds and Sunday Snapshot to see the shots people want to remember!
project64 button Sunday Snapshot

4 comments:

  1. The colours are so gorgeous and peaceful! Love the mist and the softness. Isn't it a wonderful feeling to enjoy the stillness of the new day. It has become one of my favourite things to do on holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry!! I was really hoping to find something in that blue, but I would have had to make it artificially...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the beauty of the beach so well. I can imagine walking along the water's edge in quiet thought with only the sound of the waves rolling in. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely rise for a sunrise either. But this one is lovely! Very serene and peaceful. A nice, stress-free way to begin the day. The color is simply enchanting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.