Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Clicked it Up a Notch - October

Is it really almost the end of October? I cannot believe it! I have been spending this week meeting with families and talking about student progress. While I throughly enjoy meeting and talking with families, it makes for an exhausting few days and nights. This morning as I arrived at work tired and gearing up for another long day, I was greeted with this beautiful sight...

Settings: ISO 100, 7.7mm, ss1/60, f/2.8 (auto)
I only had my point and shoot with me, but it didn't matter I just had to capture such a beautiful sunrise. In post processing, all I did was remove a few distracting lights with spot removal in Lightroom. I was a bit disappointed not to have my DSLR with me and not be able to "make" the shot in manual mode. However, I learned that for some moments capturing it in whatever way you can is the most important thing. 

Now, as it is the end of October, Courtney at Click it Up a Notch is hosting a picture share for your favorite picture of October. I decided to go with a picture I took of a foggy morning outside of my house. I love that I was able to capture everything I wanted SOOC and then bring it to another level with a simple edit. You can see the SOOC shot and read more here

Settings: ISO 200, 42mm, ss1/100, f/22 (full manual)
Edited with Photoshop - Healing Brush and Pioneer Woman's Lovely and Ethereal Action
"To speak technically photography is the art of writing with light. But if I want to think about it more philosophically, I can say that photography is the art of writing with time. When you capture an image you capture not only a piece of space, you also capture a piece of time. So you have this piece of specific time in your square or rectangle. In that sense I find that photography has more to do with time than with light." - Gerardo Suter

Linking up with the fabulous linkups below. Be sure to check out the other photos and blogs!
Click It Up A Notch 

4 comments:

  1. What a stunning picture! Thanks for posting your camera settings.. It sure helps those like me just learning this wonderful art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Emily, I love the silhouette of the tree against the foggy background and that starburst is just crazy!
    Beautiful colours in your top capture and I love how you dwarfed the skyline with this huge expance of sky. Very dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Lovely, lovely photo. And I love seeing the settings you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are lovely captures! The color in the first is stunning and I love the mood that is present in the second! Gorgeous moments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.