Saturday, October 29, 2011

Siletz Bay Crane 10.29.11

I spent this weekend at the beach, to be specific the Oregon Coast. We started in Lincoln City which is one of my favorite places on the coast. I think it is because of the variety of beach from rocky coastline to a driftwood covered bay to the soft sand. The Siletz Bay area is the aforementioned driftwood covered bay and at the time we visited the tide was out and I walked a long way out on the sand that had been under water just a little earlier in the day. My shoes got covered but it was worth it to get this shot of what I think is a crane. This little guy was certainly aware of me but let me get close enough to snap a picture with my telephoto lens before flying away. I kept it SOOC as there wasn't much I didn't like about it. Thank you for stopping by!

Settings: ISO 100, 250mm, ss1/500, f/8.0 (full manual, cloudy wb)
"There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before." - Robert Lynd

Linking up with A Moment in Time Challenge where the prompt is wildlife. Check out the other photos!
A Moment In Time Photoblog

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky he/she let you get so close! I find birds to be one of the hardest animals to photograph! So well done. I agree with you the SOOC is perfect! Thank you so much for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.