Thursday, October 13, 2011

Good to Wow Edit: Foggy Morning 10.08.11

Today was one of those long, exhausting days. It wasn't a bad day, actually the opposite during the teaching portion. I just had a TON of stuff to get done tonight before I left that required a lot of mental and physical energy. When I came home to do my edits my brain was fried and I kept trying different things, using different presets and actions, but nothing worked. In an effort to focus I thought about what was missing from the photos compared to how I saw the scene. I really liked the SOOC shots, but I thought they lacked a bit of the magic of the moments I was trying to capture. Looking through my Photoshop actions I saw Pioneer Woman's Lovely and Ethereal Action and I gave it a try. The ethereal quality was just what they needed. I did some minor healing brush work on the first one to remove some distracting light flares.

I would love to know what you think about the edits. Thank you for stopping by!

SOOC Shot
Settings: ISO 200, 42mm, ss1/100, f/22 (full manual)

EDIT
Edited with Photoshop - Healing Brush and Pioneer Woman's Lovely and Ethereal Action

SOOC Shot
Settings: ISO 200, 55mm, ss1/100, f/13 (full manual)

EDIT
Edited with Photoshop - Pioneer Woman's Lovely and Ethereal Action
"How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days." - George Burns

Linking up with Good to Wow: Edit. Check out the amazing before and afters! 

6 comments:

  1. I already loved these, but the edits are perfect...just a little more mystery! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The action worked really well on both photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were SOOC were already fantastic...and I love your edits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are lovely, with or without the edit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, I love fog, beautiful with the light shining through the fog and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The light and fog breaking through are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.