Saturday, October 8, 2011

Clickin Walk: Freemont Peace Sign 10.08.11

Today was the day of the Clickin Mom's Clickin Walk in the Freemont neighborhood of Seattle. It was a fabulous day of photography, learning and meeting others who share the same passion. I was out of my comfort zone as much of the time was focused on portrait photography, but with a little help I was able to even get some shots of the fabulous models that I will share later in the week. Along the way I also was able to take the scenic shots that I love. The first shot I took was of a sign hanging above a storefront. I loved how it was hidden among the leaves and how the leaves contrasted with the yellow wall.

In post processing I wanted to warm it up a bit and somehow remove the awning that was in the left side of the frame. I also wanted to make the sunlight pop more. The warming up and sunlight pop were achieved by altering the basic settings in Lightroom and then using Pioneer Woman's Sunshine action in Photoshop. The awning removal however was a bit tougher. Luckily some of the other Clickin Walk participants were talking about Content Aware feature in Photoshop. I found a tutorial and after two fills and a tiny bit of work with the healing brush. I am proud of the results and amazed by the power of the Content Aware Fill. Thank you Clickin Ladies :o)!

SOOC
Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/50, f/5.6 (full manual)

EDIT
Edited with Lightroom and Photoshop
"Nobody can bring you peace but yourself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson 


Linking up with SOOC Saturday and the edit with Better than the Best. Check out the other photos!
SOOC Saturday

4 comments:

  1. I love what you did with this photo! Great editing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up today! :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the editing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful edit! I just started a link up for photo and editing tips--this would be perfect if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.