Monday, January 16, 2012

Snow Covered 1.15.12

Snow has come to the Pacific Northwest! Despite an incident yesterday, I had the chance to take a few pictures. What I love about snow is that it transforms the landscape. It makes the world softer and a peace descends that can make a simple walk feel like traveling to another world. The pictures below were taken off the side of a highway on the entrance to a forest road. My goal was to capture the details that the snow drew my attention to. They are all SOOC. The snow continues to fall here and we shall see what happens in regards to school tomorrow. I hope I get to enjoy the snow for a few more days.

Settings: ISO 400, 50mm, ss1/1000, f/2.5 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 400, 50mm, ss1/40, f/2.8 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 400, 50mm, ss1/40, f/8.0 (full manual, cloudy wb)
"When I no longer thrill to the first snow of the season, I'll know I'm growing old." - Lady Bird Johnson



Linking up with the link ups below! Be sure to check out the other photos. 
  

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful images! Snow does bring a sense of being in another world. I hope one day to experience a "white" winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi liz, your photos are always worth the look.

    absolutely beautiful!

    happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, so sorry i meant to say Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a nasty fall Emily, and I sure hope you are starting to feel better.
    These are really beautiful photographs. I especially love the first one here.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Creative Exchange this week.

    Have a wonderful day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snowy winters give so many chances for great shots. Yours are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, really pretty photos. I love the second one!
    Thanks for linking up to Observing Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily,
    What gorgeous snowy images!!! My fav is the last - love the color and mood! Thanks so much for your comment at CE:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots! Makes me hope for a bit of snow here in CA....not likely, but I can dream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty! no snow over here, so I love photos like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's like a whole new world out there for you and your camera when it snows! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.