Sunday, January 8, 2012

Project 64: Wild Strawberry Sunset 1.8.12

Lately, I have been working on challenging myself in what I choose to photograph. I have done indoor shooting, custom bokeh, food photography and portraits. At the same time though, I cannot stop shooting what I love - landscapes, nature, macro and especially sunrise and sunsets. I am drawn to them. Today for example, I was doing some cooking and little bit of food photography and taking pictures of my dog niece Cece. I looked outside and saw that the sun was setting. There was no guarantee that it would be a brilliantly colored sunset, but I had to try. We jumped in the car and headed to a ridge a couple miles from my house. And oh my was it worth it! 

I spent about 20 minutes photographing the changing sky and Mount Rainier. I decided to head home and as I was turning around on the dead end street I noticed the sky was a bright pink. It had changed drastically in the space of 5 minutes. As I driving by I decided to stop again and was rewarded with the shot below. My goal was to capture the brilliancy of the colors and the awe it inspired in me. I left the shot SOOC as it was spot on when it came to showing what I saw. I also thought that within the clouds the color for Project 64 this week, Wild Strawberry, was beautifully intermixed with the orange, red, pink and purple. I am so glad I followed my impulse and that I have yet to tire of shooting sunsets. I love that every one is a different experience and a chance to capture something so simply beautiful. I hope you are not tired of seeing sunset photos here, I have a feeling more are in the future :o).

Settings: ISO 400, 50mm, ss1/125, f/9.0 (full manual, daylight wb)
"Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world." - John Milton

Linking up with the link ups below. Find some awe by looking at the photos linked up!
  and then, she {snapped} Sunday Snapshot project64 button


8 comments:

  1. Wow - look at the strip of red against your sillouette - you must be so pleased. A lovely and clever capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Hard to believe those colors are SOOC! Great job. Thank you for showing off your shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think anyone will fault you for following your photography passion! Getting out of our comfort zones only make us better at what we love best. And you do those landscape shots brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think one can tire of such lovely sunsets!! What an amazing capture ... breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.