Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snow Day 1.15.12

It has been one of those days that started out one way, changed trajectory in the middle and then changed again in the end. The morning began with the first snow fall of the winter season, filling me with excitement to enjoy the snow and take some photographs. After going out for a while, I came back in and against my better judgement walked on the kitchen floor in my slippers. The floor and slippers were wet and I am sure you can guess what happened next...I slipped and landed quite hard hitting my back and tailbone on the floor. I spent the afternoon icing it and taking Advil. I felt well enough to head out for a few pictures on a nearby highway that heads toward the mountains. I wasn't too excited about the photos and I was in pain. On the way home, however, there was a tiny break in the clouds and a beautiful sunset appeared (pictures to come this week :o). The day ended with me coming home, opening the day's photos and being presently surprised. 

The photos below were taken off of Highway 410 just before sunset. It was snowing and I had my rain sleeve on my camera (I LOVE that thing!). My goal was to capture the variety of textures coming through the snow and the peaceful setting. When I opened the photos in Lightroom they seemed a bit blue in terms of white balance, but that is exactly what the light was like in person. Therefore, I just bumped up the brightness and fill lights a tiny bit to compensate. I am off to do some more icing of my back. I hope to feel good enough tomorrow to take some snow photos around my neighborhood. I wish you a great beginning to your week. Thank you for stopping by!

Settings: ISO 400, 50mm, ss1/125, f/8.0 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Settings: ISO 400, 50mm, ss1/50, f/8.0 (full manual, cloudy wb)
"January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow." - Sara Coleridge

Linking up with the link ups below. Find some awe by looking at the photos linked up!
  and then, she {snapped} Sunday Snapshot 


3 comments:

  1. It's a little hard to choose but I really am partial to your second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Sorry to hear that you got hurt. :( On the brighter side, you got some great pics!

    Just wanted to stop by and let you know that we announced our winter photography challenge today. I loved having you with us during the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge and would love for you to join us again! Stop by to learn more when you get a chance! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.