Friday, January 6, 2012

Favorite Photo of the Week: Starting Off the New Year 1.1.12

I had an amazingly difficult time choosing a favorite photo for this week. On New Year's Day, my mom and I headed to Indian Beach in Cannon Beach, Oregon. The sunset was not a typical sunset, but exquisite nonetheless. I took an overwhelming amount of pictures, tried out my new lens and began to work toward my new goals. The results of an amazing setting and a fabulous photography experience were many photos that I liked for a variety of reasons, hence the aforementioned problem. In an effort to wrap up this post and to make a choice that seems to be taking an exorbitant amount of time, I have decided to post my 3 favorites and ask you what you think. I hope you don't mind :o). Which photo catches your eye?

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/80, f.2.8 (full manual, cloudy wb, on tripod, remote)
A picture of my mom and I, an attempt to become more comfortable with getting myself in the picture and a result I think I just might like :o). This is one of my goals for 2012 and I plan to work hard to reach it. Oh, it also has one of my favorite people in it so how can it not be a favorite?

the long road project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

Lewis and Clark Bridge connecting Oregon and Washington
with the Lights of Longview, WA
Settings: ISO 400, 50mm, ss13.0sec, f/22 (full manual, tripod)
I had a vision for this photo and I was able to make it happen by using what I have been learning about photography. I love when that happens! The starbursts and the hint of the bridge that I drive over often are just what I was going for. 

  

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/1250, f/7.1 (full manual, sunlight wb)

And finally my favorite subject, my favorite time of day and my favorite kind of light all combine in this photo taken with my new lens. It is also SOOC, which feels like a big accomplishment to me. 

   Happily Mother After Skywatch Friday

"You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn't waste either". - Galen Rowell

8 comments:

  1. I love them all, especially the one with you and your smiling mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last one best also. I also like your list of goals (many are similar to my own). I'll be following your blog so I can learn from you and with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of them. I think though that years from now your favorite will be the one of you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured the bridge perfectly!! There is so much to see on there, you can easily get lost in it, soaking it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! I love them all. Thanks so much for sharing at "Life as this Mommy knows It"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! My favorite is the one you linked up to Oh Snap!shots of the week. :) I also love the picture of you and your mom because there is just something special about a mom and daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photo is being featured at this week's "Look Whooooo's Snapping" photo linky party at "Life as this Mommy knows It"!

    Blessings,
    Breena
    mommyknowslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.