Friday, January 13, 2012

Favorite Photo of the Week: Contentment 1.8.12

I had more than one favorite photo this week, surprising I know ;o)! However, one was a sunset photo and one was the photo below. I decided to go with this photo of my dog niece Cece for a few reasons. One, it was not a sunset photo which are the ones I often go to for favorites...I wanted to go with something different. Two, the photo was an accomplishment for me. It is SOOC, it was indoor lighting, it was a subject that was not nature/landscapes/macro and it was taken with my new 50mm lens. All of these factors are accomplishments for me and are another step on my photography journal. Three, the theme for Darcy at my3boybarians Project 52 is "Made with Love." I think that dogs are exceptionally skilled at unconditional love and I have a feeling that love was encoded into their DNA, hence they are made with love :o). I hope to find a few moments this coming week where I can experience this kind of contentment. My wish is that you will too! Thank you for stopping by!


Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/30, f/2.0 (full manual, tungsten wb)
"Dogs have given us their absolute all.  We are the center of their universe.  We are the focus of their love and faith and trust.  They serve us in return for scraps.  It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made." - Roger Caras

the long road project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com       Happily Mother After 

7 comments:

  1. Adorable! A dog's life is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image....you've captured the sweetness of the unconditional love our pets bring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie. Thanks for sharing at "Life as this Mommy knows It"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dog. They are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He does look quite content...and makes me ready for bed...

    Thanks for sharing your photo with HMA's Oh Snap!shots of the Week party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Dog niece Cece" <-- I'm with you says feeder/walker of my "Puppy-Girl" Ruby.


    :)
    Debra @aphotographicmemory.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.