Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sunset in the Snow 1.15.12

A day in the snow and a surprise sunset on the way home. Two photos metered off different parts of the scene one to capture the snow and one for drama. Removed some distractions using a tip from Courtney at Click it Up a Notch about keeping the lines lined up and did a clean edit in Lightroom. I truly feel blessed to have been able to experience and capture this moment.

Settings: ISO 400, 32mm, ss1/6, f/8.0 (full manual, tripod)

Settings: ISO 400, 32mm, ss1/20, f/8.0 (full manual, tripod)
"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." - John Burroughs

Linking up with the link ups below! Take a look at the other amazing photos!
   Live and Love...Out Loud and then, she {snapped}  WW_KW

12 comments:

  1. wow; these are amazing shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I could manage to capture scenes like this. In the meantime, I'll just come to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment and for stopping by :o)!

      Delete
  3. These are lovely Emily. Reminds me of our rural area here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! I love the diversity around where I live from cities to rural areas to suburbs.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Emily! I have to practice more with evening and low-light photography. For some reason, I have issue's with "cranking up" the ISO? LOL! All your photo's encourage and inspire me to focus on making that happen.

    God Bless,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane! My one tip would be to bring and use a tripod. That way you can keep the ISO low and then your shutter speed can be a bit slower. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. beautiful! The focus shifts..
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!

    Thank you for linking up with Wild & Wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.