Thursday, January 12, 2012

Moonlit Sky 1.8.12

After seeing an amazing sunset, the moon came out and it was exceedingly bright and full. There was a big bank of clouds moving across the moon and I wanted to capture the details of the moon and the clouds. To get the details of the moon I had to underexpose and to get the clouds I had to overexpose. Therefore, I relied on Lightroom to achieve what I was going for. I used a photo where you could see the clouds and then the adjustment brush on the moon to underexpose it. I like the result as it showcases the contrast of the texture of the moon with the texture of the clouds. For the second photo I wanted to capture the brightness of the moon. With the slow shutter speed I was also able to get a bit of cloud movement as well. I did a clean edit in the goal of playing up with drama of the lighting. What do you think? Thank you for stopping by!

Settings: ISO 400, 250mm, ss1/30, f/11 (full manual, tripod)

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss5.0sec, f/9.0 (full manual, tripod)
"I think we're going to the moon because it's in the nature of the human being to face challenges. It's by the nature of his deep inner soul...we're required to do these things just as salmon swim upstream." - Neil Armstrong

Linking up with the link ups below! Take a moment to check out the other fabulous photos...you will not be sorry :o). 
 

3 comments:

  1. I think you did an awesome job on your photo!! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....Just So Beautiful!

    God Bless,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Excellent job with both photos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.