Thursday, January 5, 2012

Texture on the Beach 1.1.12

With the new year, I have committed to new goals and I am joining some new link ups. One of my goals is to take more self-portraits. I was given a wireless remote for my camera for Christmas and I already have a tripod so I gave it a shot on my New Years Day trip to the beach. My mom joined me on the adventure so I roped her into being in the picture with me :o). I feel like I was able to capture the joy we both have at going to the beach and how lucky I feel to have her in my life. This is only the second post I have ever done with people in it, so I would love some feedback. Thank you!

The second picture is taken sitting on that same log looking out at the setting sun, the vast ocean and the stream flowing across the beach. I love the varied textures in the photo - the pillowy nature of the sky, the softness of the mist off the waves and rough rocks in the sandy stream. I thought it was a good photo for my first link up with Texture Thursday. My goal was the capture what I was seeing during after my 10 minute time out, another one of my goals

I love hearing your thoughts and feedback! Thank you for stopping by!

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/80, f.2.8 (full manual, cloudy wb, on tripod, remote)
Processing: Clean edit of basic settings and black and white conversion in Lightroom

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/400, f/7.1 (full manual, cloudy wb)
Processing: Clean edit of basic settings in Lightroom
"It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves." - André Gide

Linking up a little of this and that with a warm embrace to the link ups below. Be sure to check out the other texture filled and amazing photos!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,
    I think your pic's are amazing! I appreciate that you always share your settings with all of us. I just rec'd an 85mm lens for xmas (I have always used a 50mm) do you ever shoot with an 85mm? I would love to hear any advice you could share with me!

    God Bless,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic of you and your mom! I use my tripod and remote every year for a family pic at Christmas time. The sunset is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.