Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tones on Tuesday #18 1.17.12

Happy Tuesday! It has been wonderful to see so many new faces linking up to Tones on Tuesday as well as so many returning participants. I love "getting to know" you through your beautiful photographs. I apologize for how long it took me to visit your photos from last week. I am woefully behind on visiting and commenting in general, but I am working on getting back on track :o). Now on with the showcases from last week...

Maboe
I love the softness of the tones and the way that the leaves look like they could be made out of metal. Thank you for sharing with us Maboe!

Marit from Norway
The contrast of the snow with the colorful sky is stunning. I like how the houses and trees frame the sky. Thank you for sharing Marit!

The depth of field draws your eye to the acorns, the color is soft and the feeling is of a moment in time. Thank you for linking up Lynette!

Maboe, Marit and Lynette please go HERE to grab your showcase button

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here is the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button to your post
  • Leave comments for the other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

On a walk his morning before the world was awake, I had the chance to experience the snow. I tried to capture the way the world changes when it snows. I liked how these old mailboxes looked as though they could not have been opened in the near past. With the edit I wanted to keep the softness but add a bit of a vintage, timeless feel. In Lightroom I clicked on Black and White adjusted the blacks, recovery, contrast and clarity. Then I added a small black vignette. I wanted to keep it simple to play up the simplicity of the black and white. What do you think? Do you enjoy snow? Has it made an appearance where you live? I can't wait to see your photos this week! Thank you for stopping by!

Settings: ISO 400, 50mm, ss1/125, f/4.0 (full manual, cloudy wb)

Edited with Lightroom
"No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place." - Zen Proverb

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
 Sweet Shot Day  Live, Love, Travel 

16 comments:

  1. You have both alot of skill with your original shots and your edited ones. Thanks for hosting this weeks link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are loving the snow...me, I'd rather my week went as planned instead of late starts and canceled events :( But maybe I'll get more photo chances at least. Really nice mailbox shot and edit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the journey to capture natural beauty with my camera is just as important as the picture itself."
    This is what you say in your profile.
    I couldn't agree more!!
    It is often the occasion of taking a photograph that stays with me, rather than the picture itself.
    Thanks for stopping by just now. Sorry, but i have no tone altering image to share today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to the winners! all wonderful pics ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow does add a special magic to winter (even if it is cold!). I would love to experience a winter with snow... the photos I see on Blogger are so beautiful.
    Great edit. Thanks for hosting this link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the winner picks! So pretty. That first leaf shot is stunning! Also love your mailboxes with a dusting of snow. Very nice! : ) I love snow pictures but I sure do hate driving in the stuff. Wishing you a beautiful week. Love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Great photos, all are nice, the Marit is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh love your color and black and white edit of this shot! I wish I had snow around to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're row of snow covered mailboxes is so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these winter photos! It's been glorious hasn't it? I love the snow... thanks for your visit to my little blog home. The park I went to is Fort Steilacoom Park. A real gem. I LOVE it there - as do most other local photographers. :) I didn't know you had a linkup over here on tuesdays! I'll have to add it tony list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those snow-covered boxes, delicious approach.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love that view in that second one. WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's unlikely that I'll get to see snow in person this year which makes me enjoy your photos all the more. I love the black and white version of your mailboxes! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is Just Great stuff ,I am a Photographer,Doing my Internship at Indian Institute of Photography,realy appreciate your work.

    www.indianinstituteofphotography.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many beautiful shots! I love the snow on the mailboxes ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.