Thursday, January 26, 2012

Frozen 1.19.12

While this week of crazy weather - snow, ice, wind, rain, hail and sun - has been tough at times (especially when the power was out), it has also be beautiful. The ice, which was the cause of the major power outages, fascinated me. The way it encased the plants and was frozen in the middle of dripping down made it feel as though things were standing still. My goal was to capture as much detail in the ice as possible and show how it enveloped the foliage. The first photo is SOOC and the second is a clean edit in Lightroom. I am glad the power is back on, but I am sort of sad the ice is gone. I really wish I would have taken more pictures, especially some at night after seeing my brother's girlfriend's AMAZING snow and ice at night photos. Oh well, it will just have to go on my photography bucket list :o)! What do you think? What fascinates you? Thank you for stopping by!

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/160, f/2.8 (full manual, cloudy wb, SOOC)

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/320, f/2.8 (full manual, cloudy wb)
"I search for the realness, the real feeling of a subject, all the texture around it... I always want to see the third dimension of something... I want to come alive with the object." - Andrew Wyeth


Linking up with the link ups below! Take a moment to check out the other fabulous photos.
  

5 comments:

  1. beautiful shots! i can almost feel that frozen environment.

    love your thoughts on realness. couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! ethereal and other world like!
    i hope you have better weather soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful Emily!
    I love the detail you have captured, especially in the first one.
    So nicely done.

    Thank you so very much for sharing with us this week at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a great weekend!

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree the ice is so fascinating! Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.