Monday, January 9, 2012

Sunset on the Ridge 1.8.12

I promise I take pictures of things other than sunsets :o). I think my fascination with sunsets stems from my love of the ocean and beach and the countless visits there. Many of those visits ended with a sunset. There truly is no place like the western coast to watch the sun go down. Now I simply love watching the sky change colors as the sun disappears below the horizon. This sunset shot is from yesterday. I almost didn't have the opportunity to witness it, but luckily for me the call of the sunset is too strong :o). My goal was to capture the range of colors from blue to yellow to orange. I also wanted to communicate the beauty of the clouds and the stillness of standing on this ridge with only a few other sunset viewers. I left it SOOC as I love the light. I plan on showcaseing some non-sunset pictures tomorrow, but more sunset photos just might make an appearance later in the week!

Settings: ISO 400, 50mm, ss1/500, f/14 (full manual, daylight wb)
"The creative habit is like a drug. The particular obsession changes, but the excitement, the thrill of your creation lasts." - Henry Moore


Linking up with the link ups below! Be sure to check out the other photos. 
 

5 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous, I appreciate that you left all the info about camera settings too. I recently purchased a Lumix DMC LX5...my first camera with real manual settings and I am very new to taking photos with more studiousness and pretty clueless! So thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sunsets Emily, and this one is a true beauty!

    Thank you so very much for sharing with us this week at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a great day!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous. I get to see sunrise from my house, but the trees block the sunset, so I enjoy seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shot!
    Thanks for linking up to Observing Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love taking photos of sunets!
    beautiful photo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.