Monday, January 2, 2012

Good to Wow SOOC: Best of 2011 1.2.11

I have learned so much from the Good to Wow Challenge about shooting and editing. The one thing that sticks with me the most and that I will carry into 2012 is the quest to get a shot right straight out of camera. There is no greater thrill for me than capturing what I am seeing in my camera. Don't get me wrong, I love the power of editing. But I find that there is something so rewarding in taking a photograph that matches the scene, opening it up on my computer and seeing that nothing needs to be done to it. I love that feeling! The Good to Wow Challenge has taught me to strive for that and that it can be done. Jill has been an amazing teacher and cheerleader, sharing her skills, knowledge and feedback. Ashley has inspired me to enjoy editing and see the possibilities. The other participants have lifted me up with their comments and stunning photography. Thank you all! I am grateful to have participated, even if it was for a short time.  

SOOC Photos Collage
Made with Big Huge Labs Mosaic Maker
Click to Enlarge

My (2) Favorite SOOC Shot(s) - I couldn't choose just one :o)
Settings: ISO 200, 42mm, ss1/100, f/22 (full manual)


Settings: ISO 400, 74mm, ss3.2, f/6.3 (full manual on tripod)

"Once photography enters your bloodstream, it is like a disease." - Anonymous

Linking up with Good to Wow for the last time! Head over and check out the other SOOC photos.

2 comments:

  1. So thankful you joined us! Your photography is stunning! There is nothing like a perfect sooc! Wishing you a blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily -- so sorry it took me a while to get back to you on this! Thank you so much for all the encouragement and comments you left me as part of this project! I have greatly enjoyed seeing what creative and beautiful images you brought to the table and the challenge you provided! :-D I still adore that sunflare/fog image (and once leaves are back on the trees, gonna find me a forest and a sunflare! haha!) -- it does deserve a fav for sure!

    btw, when I clicked on your collage to view large, I loved the little slideshow that popped up with a black background and your 3 images there to see.... can you please let me know how you did that? Thanks!! ( my email is snapshots by michelle at gmail.com - in case you need it!)

    Have an amazing new year!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.