Sunday, August 21, 2011

Project 64: Green Yellow 08.18.11

Another shot from Chasing the Light shoot in my backyard. This is actually what I was shooting right before turning around and spotting the deer. I was looking for the color green yellow for this week at Project 64. 


I found this leaf in between all of the green leaves on a large plant. I think it is more yellow than I would have liked, but with the other green leaves I feel it works. My goal was to frame the shot so that it showed how I found the leaf - peeking through what was around it. I did this by having the depth of field be small, which is why I used a lower aperture. This is pretty much a straight out of camera shot with just lens correction done in Lightroom. There is something simple to this capture that I really like. 

Settings: ISO 100, ss 1/10, f/4.5
"The secret of living in peace with all people lies in the art of understanding each one by his own individuality." - Friedrich Ludwig Jahn

Linking up with with Project 64 for this week's color: Green Yellow. Head on over and check out other green yellow finds!


project64 button

2 comments:

  1. Most of the time, the simplest shots are the most beautiful. This one is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lisa. It is a lovely shot! I love your focus and the contrast in colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.