Monday, August 29, 2011

Capitol Building Shadows 08.28.11

As I mentioned in yesterday's post I was able to spend some time at the Washington State Capitol Building in Olympia, WA. It is a beautiful building and we were able to explore the interior and I was able to photograph many of the architectural elements. I love exploring old buildings and historical sites. My favorite vacation was to Washington D.C. and the reasons I loved it are the same reasons I had such a great time at the Capitol Building - the beautiful building, the history and the historical significance. 

One of the things that struck my immediately when entering the building, beside the size of the rotunda, were the huge windows with light streaming in. The inside of the building is fairly dark and I unfortunately forgot my tripod, which I never do :o(. However, the windows had a ton of light and I loved how the sunlight made patterns on the walls. In post processing, I played with temperature, contrast and vibrance to bring out the shadows and the blue sky outside of the windows. The simplicity of the subject and the composition is what I wanted to convey with the photo and the edit. 

Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss 1/1250, f/5.6
"Shadow owes its birth to light." - John Gay


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.