Monday, August 15, 2011

Flashback: Valley Sky 04.08.11

It was an exciting and tiring day of meeting new students and getting back into the swing of school. After decompressing for a bit I decided to pick a flashback picture for today's post. I wanted something from a "shoot" I had not posted yet. I noticed, after putting all the blog photos on my Facebook page, that I have posted no vertically oriented pictures yet. 

(Side note - I would love to put up a like box for the Facebook page but I don't have enough people who "Like" page, so if you want to check it out  search for "Scattered Horizons Photography" and like the page with the lighthouse as the profile picture :o). There are some other photos I have not shared on here yet and I would love for you to see them!)

Looking through my photo files I noticed that is a theme, either because I am not drawn to the vertical or because the nature of my favorite subjects (the beach and other landscapes) does not call for vertical often. I will definitely be putting vertical shots on my photography bucket list inspired by Click it Up a NotchAfter some searching I did find one picture of the sky near my house as the sun was setting behind the trees that was vertical and that I liked. I like the tree line and how the sky colors show through the spindly branches. I certainly think vertical works in this case. 

Flashback #4
Location: Maple Valley, WA
Date: April 8th, 2011
Settings: Shot in Auto - 1/100, f/4
Post Processing: Minor work with color levels, contrast, brightness and sharpening
What I Like: The shapes of the trees and the variety of colors in the sky
What I Think Needs Work: The focal point and what is going on in the bottom of the frame (too much)

"I look out of this window and I think this is a cosmos, this is a huge creation, this is one small corner of it. The trees and birds and everything else and I'm part of it. I didn't ask to be put here, I've been lucky in finding myself here." - Morris West

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.