Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Clicked it Up a Notch - August

I have shown this picture a multitude of times on my blog - first here and then here. It also happens to be my desktop background on my computer :o). It is my favorite this month for a few reasons. Number one because of the accomplishment I felt in shooting it on full manual mode and the beautiful straight out of camera (SOOC) shot that I was the result. Number two because of the edit I was able to take it to another level. And finally number three because I am in love with the purple sky. I hope you aren't sick of it yet!

"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away." - Eudora Welty

Linking up with I Clicked it Up a Notch Contest - August. Head over and check out the other wonderful entries!

Click It Up A Notch

9 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful photo that deserves to be shown numerous times! It makes me smile when someone takes a fab photo all in manual! Takes me back to the day I first shot manual and how much of a achievement it is. Bravo!!! You rocked it! Keep it up!

    P.S. I've been meaning to ask you if you're on pinterest, if not, you should be. Hehe It's a time waster but it's so fun for finding photography inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this photo. The silhouette and the colours are marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I've told you this before but I love this, gorgeous texture in the silhouettes and love the colours in the sunset, that purple is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sick of it, as it is new to me. It is so beautiful and the purple sky is A.MAZ.ING.

    The quote you shared goes along with this shot perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Share it as much as you want! It's beautiful! I love the silhouette of the weeds (I'm sure they have a real name :O) Great angle as well!! Way to go on shooting in full manual mode!! That is something to be so proud of!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and peaceful image! I have a few that are personal favorites for the accomplishment reasons you shared above...sometimes we just get it right and it is so exhilarating. It makes me keep pushing and trying.
    (Found through the Click It Up A Notch contest)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.