Friday, August 26, 2011

Favorite Photo of the Week: Enumclaw Sunset Edit 08.21.11

It has been quite the week with meeting my future students and getting my classroom ready for the upcoming school year. With all the stressors I have been grateful to have this outlet through my photography and the blog. There is something about the creative process of composing a shot, shooting it, editing it and sharing that is good for my soul. One unexpectedly wonderful outcome of this whole process has also been learning from other photographers who not only have exquisite work, but are more than happy to share what they know. I am continuing to enjoy this journey and look forward to what will come!

My favorite photo of this week is a sunset photo, which I am sure is shocking after a week's worth of them ;o). I picked the photo I posted yesterday of my creative edit of one of my sunset photos. I LOVE the colors as my favorite color is purple and how even with the over the top colors, the integrity of the composition remains. Mother Nature can put on a beautiful show! Mother Nature can also put on a scary show. I know I will be sending thoughts and prayers to all those on the east coast as they endure Hurricane Irene. I hope you will do that same and that they will stay safe as they weather the storm. 

Settings: ISO 100, ss 1/16, f/18 (full manual on tripod)
"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." - Edgar Degas

Linking up with Fabulous Fridays and Favorite Photo of the Week. Head over and check out the other favorites!

7 comments:

  1. Wow. Truly beautiful capture. VERY pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW :D Love this one. Such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic shot. I really like your photo ...
    LG: Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo is gorgeous. The colors are amazing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just art - perfect and such beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great edit, it really brought out some gorgeous colours. Love the deep purple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulation on your well deserved win over at Favorite Photo of the Week. Beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.