Sunday, August 14, 2011

Daisies and Grape Leaves 08.14.11

Today has been a busy day with lots of errands to get ready for the unofficial and official start of the school year. I unofficially start tomorrow with a camp to get students ready for school and officially start in a couple of weeks. After all the errands I came home and watched Soul Surfer, which is an inspirational and heartwarming movie. It inspired me to head outside in the back yard and take some photos. This picture is the first area of the back yard I was drawn to and the first picture I took. My goal was to showcase the contrasting colors of the daisies and the grape leaves. In post processing I did some very minor work with color levels, brightness and contrast. There is a simplicity to all parts of the photo that I think works well. 

Settings: ISO 100, 1/15, f/5.6
"Don't hurry, don't worry. You're only here for a short visit. So be sure to stop and smell the flowers." - Walter Hagen


I plan to have Mr. Hagen's advice be my motto for the school year and for my photography. I look forward to the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.