Thursday, May 23, 2013

Project 52: Week 21/52

Sometimes we take for granted the things that are right outside our doorstep. Sometimes things that disappointed you may be leading you to appreciate the beauty that surrounds you on a daily basis. After a weekend filled with events that conspired to keep me either working or at home, and not out shooting, I came home on Monday night a little early from work and it was like the flowers were lit up especially for me. I spent a good portion of my evening just appreciating the poppies, weeds, winning flowers from a bridal shower movie quote game, window box flowers, rhodies about to bloom and above all...light. Sometimes it takes a change of plans to remind us that we are blessed! After the events around the country this week, I feel lucky to be reminded!

Settings: ISO 320, 100mm, ss1/320, f/5.6

Settings: ISO 320, 100mm, ss1/800, f/4.0

Settings: ISO 640, 100mm, ss1/1250, f/3.5

Settings: ISO 640, 100mm, ss1/800, f/4.5

Settings: ISO 1000, 100mm, ss1/200, f/3.2

Settings: ISO 1000, 100mm, ss1/500, f/3.2
"Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words. They are the hieroglyphics of angels, loved by all men for the beauty of the character, though few can decypher even fragments of their meaning." - Lydia Maria Child

  the long road  Weekly Top Shot    Ni Hao Yall 

7 comments:

  1. ha! whenI was a kid - I used to love to open those flower out of their pods before the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! That's why I adore macro photography, it helps us see all the details that we tend to overlook. Beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice images. You really captured the bright colors well. I especially like the second flower from the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful! I do hope you'll link these to I Heart Macro as well:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amazing nature shots--so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.