Friday, May 31, 2013

Project 52: Week 22/52

When I sat down to write this post I thought I had a lot to say about my trip to the Oregon Coast over Memorial Day weekend. I planned to write about the halos made by ice crystals around the sun that came in and out of view as we drove to the beach.

Settings: ISO 1000, 50mm, ss1/8000, f/11

I planned to talk about the Baskett Wildlife Refuge where we stopped so I could photograph the amazing blue sky peppered with clouds...

Settings: ISO 1000, 50mm, ss1/2500, f/11

... and about stopping at Siletz Bay, getting some food to take to the hotel we found at the last minute and getting some shots!

Settings: ISO 1000, 50mm, ss1/500, f/16

I planned to talk about walking down to the beach at Otter Crest below our hotel as the sun was setting to get photos of the waterfall there...

Settings: ISO 1000, 50mm, ss1.0sec, f/20 (on tripod)

...and driving up Highway 101 the next day as a storm followed our progress home with rain clouds over the ocean.

Settings: ISO 100, 50mm, ss1/200, f/11

I planned to write about the vista overlooking the hotel we stayed at where this plant that is all over the coast made an appearance...

Settings: ISO 100, 50mm, ss1/200, f/9.0

...and about the other amazing vistas that we found along the way. 

Settings: ISO 100, 100mm, ss1/400, f/9.0

Finally I planned to write about the sunset that started in Oregon...

Settings: ISO 100, 50mm, ss1/640, f/7.1

...and continued subtle, soft and serene in Washington. 

Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/500, f/8.0

But I am hoping that after the stressful and challenging week I had that the pictures will speak for themselves. I know they bring me back to the recharging feeling of the trip. I hope you enjoy them too!

“It’s hard for me to put into words why I like the beach so much. Everything about it is renewing for me, almost like therapy...Beach Therapy”  -Amy Dykens

  the long road  Weekly Top Shot    Ni Hao Yall 


2 comments:

  1. Love your shot of the flowers over looking the coastline...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures definitely share the serenity and beauty of your trip. I haven't been on the Oregon coast in decades but your photos sure take me back to a spot I love. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.