Monday, April 15, 2013

Tones on Tuesday #73 4.16.13

Dina at 4 Lettre Words
Such beautiful softness here, in the tones, the depth of field and the subject. Thank you for sharing Dina!

Ruthie at Journey with Joy
I love the feel of this photo. I always feel small when I stand next to the ocean and I get that same sense from this photo. Beautiful colors and well. Thank you for linking up Ruthie!

The dramatic tones and the lovely texture create for a moody, stunning photo. Thank you for sharing Yolanda!

Dina, Ruthie and Yolanda please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one is for Tones on Tuesday. If you link up more than once only the first photo will be considered for showcasing.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link back here to your post.
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!






Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

This weekend as I ended my Spring Break I headed down to Woodburn, Oregon to see the tulip festival there. I am lucky where I live to have a tulip festival to the north, in the Skagit Valley, and to the south. I had never been to the Oregon one so I was excited to go. While the Oregon festival is smaller with only one field, there was no shortage of beauty to capture and I enjoyed experiencing a new event. There were a ton of photographers there and many people asked me to take there picture, one of the hazards of looking like you know what you are doing I guess :o). However, even with the many people there were times when I felt like it was just me and my passion trying to create something. I plan on sharing tulip photos on Thursday, but for today I thought I would share a photo I took as we were leaving. The rain had miraculously held off all day, but just after this photo it began to come down. I could not resist the strong shape of the tree and the ominous clouds. I used an HDR technique here. I love when things come together for a spectacular day of shooting!

Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/125, f/11
"Faith is not simply a patience that passively suffers until the storm is past. Rather, it is a spirit that bears things - with resignations, yes, but above all, with blazing, serene hope." - Corazon Aquino

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
P52 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley  Inspired Tuesday


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love those trees, good composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely shots! Have a great day!

    Shantana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you so much! :) Beautiful photos everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Emily! I've always wanted to be featured :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Thank you for sharing your beautiful image and linking up each week!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photo, and I love the quotation. Blazing, serene hope . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is my favorite part of the quote as well. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Lovely composition. I like the little white flowers forming a pattern across the front and the black linear patterns of the tree branches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.