Thursday, April 11, 2013

Project 52 - Week 15/52

I love living in the Pacific Northwest. I love how much natural beauty is within a drive of where I live. I firmly believe that my love of landscape photography is a direct result of living in a place where there is an endless variety of opportunities to capture the terrain here - the ocean, the mountains, the fields, the forests. At times though, this can be an extremely frustrating area to photograph. The weather and the light don't always cooperate. When I began my photographic journey I used to fight against it and come away with no usable pictures. Now, however, I try to see the beauty that is still there and at times enhanced because of the weather. On this day I was at Manzanita Beach in Oregon and the rain had stopped for a few seconds. I played around with different perspectives and found a way to photograph the subtlety and softness of the beach. Following this shoot I was reading Photography Week - a wonderful iPad magazine that you can try for 5 weeks free - and they did an article on creative landscape shooting in different weather situations. It opened my eyes to the possibilities and I actually look forward to using the weather to my advantage the next time. *Note - I am not being paid to promote the magazine. I just really enjoy it, have found the contents helpful and wanted to share.*

Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/2000, f/11

Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/2000, f/11
“Nothing reminds us of an awakening more than rain.” - Dejan Stojanovic

  the long road  Weekly Top Shot     Ni Hao Yall 

14 comments:

  1. So beautiful...it is sure is gorgeous there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like a beach about right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice job framing the beach grass in the foreground. Nice composition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning shots. Thanks for the magazine link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that Manzanita beach? One of my favorite parts of the Oregon coast!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I am really beginning to love that beach, it has such a great personality! You are welcome, thank you for hosting!

      Delete
  6. such beautiful shots! love the compositions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! It's interesting that the iso is 800. I'm going to experiment more with iso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With my old camera I couldn't go above 500 without having noise. I love the flexibility of being able to use higher ISOs. The key is proper exposure, but having a good camera helps :). Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Awww . . the beach. Love the beach. Hoping to enjoy more of it this summer in the Monterrey Bay area in Calif.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.